Immigration and Work: Information for Employers
Employers may need to file a petition to bring a foreign worker to the U.S., and might want to take steps to ensure that their employees aren't in the U.S. in violation of federal immigration laws. Select a link from the list below for information related to immigration and work authorization in the U.S.:
Immigration Information for Employers:
- Temporary Visitors and Non-Immigrant Visas - This page lists the various different kinds of temporary visas available to foreigners, such as those set aside for students and employees.
- Immigration and Employment Eligibility FAQ - Answers to frequently asked questions pertaining to the employment eligibility of immigrants.
- Coming to Work in the United States: Labor Certification - An overview on how to apply for and obtain labor certification as a foreign worker.
Immigration Resources for Employers:
- For Employers (USCIS) - Information about immigration and work authorization for employers, including the basics of E-Verify.
- Compliance Assistance: Immigration and Nationality Act (U.S. DOL) - Resources available to help employers become compliant with U.S. immigration laws.