Are You a Legal Professional?

Immigration Law Basics

Immigration law encompasses a wide range of situations that involve a person from a foreign country coming to the United States, whether for a temporary visit or with the intent to live permanently in the U.S. (as a citizen or a as a legal permanent resident). FindLaw’s “Immigration Law Basics” section provides a bird’s eye view of the immigration process, including a glossary of immigration terms; an overview of immigration in general; and helpful primers to help you get started with your particular immigration needs. Also provided are links to primers on getting a green card; working in the U.S. as a foreign national; helping a family member adjust his or her status; and more.
Learn About Immigration Law Basics